Wednesday 11 November 2020

An inside pond, and update......

 So............. we have a pond.....but not an 'outside' pond, which is where you would normally expect to find one, but an 'inside' pond. Fortunately it is not a deep pond, but a 'splashy' pond, which is just as well because it has centred itself right in the middle of the bathroom doorway. 

OK, so this is perhaps an exaggeration on my part, but to go in and out of the bathroom does require the feet coming into contact with very wet and soggy carpet. 

And the origination of this patch is? The now defunct central heating which saw fit to blow a gasket a week ago mid way through the coldest patch of weather we have had so far in the UK, the evidence of this disaster being the splashing of water coming down from the ceiling of the kitchen as noticed by my partner, who was in the middle of a phone call to the National Health Service Help Line who was busy informing him that I ought to be taken to hospital because it sounded like I had border line pneumonia, after having had some horrendous coughing fits through the night. 

Oh well. The good news is that I refused to go into hospital, that I have recovered from that 'border line' position by going onto YouTube and looking at videos about exercises to clear congestion on the lungs, and am drinking loads of water to clear my system out. One week on, and I am up on my feet. AND..... I managed to walk 400 paces up and down the village lane outside the cottage, for two days in a row, at dusk, which was magical. Keep moving, that is what I need to do.  

Fortunately the weather is very mild at the moment, so the lack of any heating in the house is copeable with. This is our first winter here in the UK after having lived thirteen years in SW France, which is a lot warmer. Not to worry, we can cope. A neighbour was kind enough to donate a fire so we could keep warm, and a visit to B & Q on Sunday sourced a couple more. We won't have heating over all of the house, but we can have heating in small patches of it. 

Meanwhile, .... the landlord of the cottage has organised a plumber to come and assess the damage. It is an elderly cottage so things will go wrong with it, the same as it does for us. We could have done with not having floor boards and ceilings dug up, but, well, it is as it is. We did think of moving out, and we still might have to if the work is too extensive, but we are just getting settled in, and we are very appreciative of the good things about living here. The only down side is that the repair is likely to be done in the colder weather, possibly near to Christmas, if not after it. Oh well, as I say, not to worry. 

So, all is well. Everything seems quite heavy around us but it well pass. The farm in France has had people interested in buying it, so hopefully it will sell eventually. The cottage has now got a leaky insides, but hopefully that will get fixed eventually. I have got dodgy insides, but hopefully self healing, meditation, and generally keeping upbeat about things will fix me up. Keep praying to The Universe, and asking for help that all will be well, both for us, for our nations, and for peace in this world of ours,  that is what I do. Sometimes I slip and falter and fall into despair, but what good is that........ keep going, that is what I need to do. 

So sending blessings to you, and wishing you well.....

Vx




14 comments:

DUTA said...

Lovely, welcoming header!
YouTube is such an asset! We can learn a lot from its tutorials and help ourselves.
You're a very positive kind of person: always hopeful and using the 'not to worry' phrase. I like that.

Vera said...

DUTA, thank you. Vx

Debi said...

I love your positive thinking!!.This is just how I try to be...well most days anyway,lol.Best Wishes to you.xx

Vera said...

DEBI, it is fair to say that I, too, manage to stay positive on most days but sometimes I don't quiet manage it! Thank you ......

northsider said...

Good to read your both ok Vera. I miss your posts.

Vera said...

NORTHSIDER DAVE....thank you. Vx

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Vera - Well, that is just the worst timing in the world! Glad you are feeling better; hopefully the repairs will take less time and be less extensive.

Dawn said...

I hope your inside pond subsides very soon, the one advantage of renting is some one else sorts it out for you, I hope it all gets fixed soon and you are snug and warm in time for Christmas.

Vera said...

TOIRDHEALBHEACH BEUCAIL, you are right....this was the worst timing in the world, and sometimes I think The Universe (God) is really intent on strengthening our resolve to keep going through life test after life test. Not to worry, it is as it is.

Vera said...

DAWN,.....you are right.....the landlord is having to deal with the problem, and after having lived in our own houses previously, being in a rented one has its benefits when it comes to repair of the property. Nice to hear from you.

Denise said...

I hope your indoor water feature is short-lived, Vera, and that you return to robust health soon. x

Vera said...

DENISE, thank you for your best wishes.....Vx

Rhodesia said...

Oops and Oops firstly for the puddle and then you not being well. I hope you get everything sorted without having to move out but as you say what will be will be. Please let us all know what happens. Stay safe. Diane

Vera said...

DIANE.....Thanks, and will definitely let you know what happens.....Vx