Saturday 11 January 2020

Just five minutes


8am, Saturday 11th January 2020

Another lovely early dawn. Looks like a torch is being shone behind the clouds. I stood and watched the sky for a while, and saw how the light changed minute by minute, and thought how people chase amusement, and then wondered why they can't be patient and look at what is around them. We are all the same. Too much going on around us, that's the trouble. Too many distractions, which eventually makes us ill of mind and body. 
Not to worry, allow time to stop each day, be appreciative of all that is around you, all that you have, and you will be surprised at how much better you will feel in mind, body, and soul.
Just five minutes, that is all it takes. 

Vx




6 comments:

DUTA said...

You're so right, Vera! 5 minutes, only 5 minutes to stop and appreciate the things around us, such as the lovely dawn.. That will make us feel better, healthier.
What a good advice! Thanks.

Denise said...

Reminds me of the poem ‘Leisure’ by W.H Davies. ‘What is this life, if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?’

Vera said...

DUTA, we all rush around too much, or give our attention to things which aren't important, and I am the same as everyone else in doing just that!

DENISE, I don't know about that poem, these words were given to me by the Universe as I was standing watching the dawn!

Mama Pea said...

Wise, wise words, Vera! We have been trained to think we must be doing, working, accomplishing tasks that are concrete and can be seen. But do they feed the soul? Not usually. I think appreciation of nature and the beauty around us is so important. I know I need to conscientiously stop, look and listen and realize how blessed I am.

Vera said...

MAMA PEA, I think that you and I are the same, wanting to do the best for our homes and our creative selves, and in the end we finish up tired out with the effort of it all. But I have noticed that you have reduced some of your work load, and I have let go of some of mine as well, which will hopefully give us more time to do what we need to do. Vx

Rhodesia said...

Just 5 minutes is a blessing and I have often thought I wish I could meditate, my mind is far too active. Love the photo. Have a good week, Diane