Tuesday 7 January 2020

I can do.......I can do.....


8am Tuesday 7th January. 
Watching the dawn from the Half Barn Doors

I was so glad to have taken this photo today, because it shows a true image of there being light beyond the darkness. 

It's one of those days when everything seems an effort, and I have just had an abysmal conversation with a French neighbour who wanted to talk to Lester but he was on a conference call, so Mr Tarrant, the neighbour, only had me to talk to. 

And I have been going really well with learning French with Duo Lingo, but I have spent hours using my English vocabulary over the last few days, which has squashed into a tiny corner of my mind my French vocab even though I do practice every day.

 Saying to myself....I can do this, I can do this, I can increase my French language skills, because that is what you have to do when you have decided to do something which seems beyond you, and you feel like chucking  that particular project out of the window to be gone forever. 

So I took Mr Tarrant out on the farm to see the flood damage, meanwhile raking through my mind to try and remember my French, meanwhile forgetting about the two home made loaves and one quiche which were still cooking in the oven, meanwhile hoping that Lester's conference call was going to end sometime soon and that he could take over the conversation with Mr T. 

None of that happened. I could not find enough French words to hold a conversation, the loaves and quiche were thusly burnt so will go on the compost heap, and Mr T gave up with waiting for Lester, so left. 

Oh well. It was a lovely early dawn, and you can't have easy going days all the time otherwise you would become complacent and not value them, so to have an 'off' day thrown into the pot now and again is good. 

Life is good. 'I can do', repeating that to myself over and over, because there are other Projects which are in urgent need of 'I can do' thinking. 

Bye for now,
Vx 






2 comments:

Rhodesia said...

That is a stunning photo. Have a great day Diane

Vera said...

Diane, thanks.