Tuesday 23 June 2009

Waiting for the bread to cook

So I was sitting in my rocking chair in the awning waiting for the bread to cook knowing that if I was to vacate this spot and go somewhere else that the bread would inevitably burn because time would pass and I would get interested in another occupation and it would slip my mind about the bread in the oven and the bread in the oven would therefore become singed. Maybe even burnt black. It has happened. Best to stay put, and wait.

And my eyes idly wandered over the scene infront of me and I thought you might like to share it with me.






Here is the view to the left.















And looking to the right.













Adding left and right together.....








The floors of the main house are still being dug out and the half barn had its beams sanded down and sprayed with anti-termite stuff today.










And I am still smiling, and hoping it will all come right in the end.







What I have learnt today. Actually not much really, only that wearing a hat is fun, mops up the perspiration when one is cooking in the sauna of a caravan, that it can be used as a extension for graphic descriptions when in conversation with Hubs and builders and friends, and that Sara wears one yellow shoe and one blue shoe because it makes her smile, and wearing my hat and playing around with its position on my head also makes me smile. It must be the open air life that gives us the predisposition towards eccentricity.

What I have learnt today: that it's lovely to be eccentric!

No comments: