Monday 22 August 2022

August Update!

Nearly five months since I last posted a blog, and thank you to fellow bloggers who have asked if I am still alright..... and I am, despite my thoughts earlier on in the year that I was going to end up in a wheelchair. I have made a good recovery from the operation, although my legs have an occasional tendency to get wobbly, and I still carry a walking pole when I am out and about, unless my OH is with me and holding my hand in his firm grasp. But of late I am now walking on my own, and have a better stride than I have had in the past. It is no longer a 'shuffle' of a walk, but I can't say that I am at 'full stride' yet! 

To keep my brain active and stop it from atrophying, it came to me to resuscitate a non-fiction book which had lain dormant in my computer files since 2008. It was complete at the time I wrote it, but I was getting a niggle that it needed updating, and that is what I have been doing for the last few months. It is done now and I have just finished designing the cover. It is a 280 page paperback, is autobiographical, and describes how I became a parapsychologist, which is someone who is in sync with all that is outside of the 'normal' human perception of life, and also how I learnt life lessons in abundance enabling me to finally meet my 'soul' partner, which is my OH. I have still the synopsis to do, and then on to the ebook edition, which only needs re-formatting. 

And thank goodness for the operation and the 'getting better' time because it has freed me up for getting the writing project under way. To be a writer you can't have a mind which is cluttered up with other projects, and this is something I am now learning, so I have come to bless this time and not fight against it. I have not got the life I had before the op, but I am now making the transition to a different way of life, which is not to be scowled upon by making comparisons with the old way, which I was tending to do in my lowest moments.    

Off for a walk round our park, so bye for now, 

In love and light,

Vx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continued good health!

Vera said...

Toirdhealbheaach Beucail......Thankyou.....Life is what you make it, and sometimes you have to be quite hard on yourself to get yourself to behave and do what you HAVE to do, rather than do what you think you OUGHT to do! Blessings to you, and hope that life is running along on even tracks for you.

Vera said...

ANONYMOUS.......Thank you. x

Vera said...

TOIRDHEALBHEACH BEUCAIL ....Yay! So happy to hear from you and that things are going okay, or even better than okay!


Mama Pea said...

Yes, so good to hear from you, Vera! I suppose we all experience certain kinds of physical ailments as we go along in life, but how true it is that our mental and emotional states often dictate the extent to which those physical handicaps can impact us. The body is a wondrous thing in its ability to heal itself but cannot do so, I believe, without the proper positive outlook!

DUTA said...

I'm glad you're well, Vera.
Good Luck with your autobiographical book!

Vera said...

MAMA PEA....... Thank you for your kind words. I can never be as I used to be, but I can be different in how I approach the future! Vx

Vera said...

DUTA..... I was just looking in my 'binned' email folder, and noticed that you sent an email to me but that it was not accepted for some reason. Thank you for expressing concern about my well being, and I am sorry that I was not able to reply to you.

Thank you also for your best wishes for my writing project. It is something I needed to do, so I have nearly done it! Vx

northsider said...

Good luck with your book Vera.

Rhodesia said...

Hi Vera, glad to see this entry. I will answer your email eventually. FIL passed on in the UK last week and there is so much to be seen to. We are back in France at the moment but return for the funeral on the 15th. Meanwhile Nigel is on the phone all the time trying to get everything sorted as he is one of the executors, very frustrating. Keep well. Cheers Diane

sbrgirl said...

Glad to hear you are mending well!

Vera said...

sbrgirl, thank you for your kind words.