Friday 4 January 2019

A frost, and a sit.....



The frosts have arrived, so the wood burner stove is now lit all day...


and I am often to be found parked in the chair beside it, often drifting off into a doze, trying not to look at the washing up and other house jobs needing to be done which are in my line of sight as I cuddle up in the chair. I like the place tidy, but most times it is not. 
And a word about the chair, ... it is an elderly chair, with springs in the seat which are not all in sync with each other so some are still quite springy and others have lost their puff. In total, then, the landscape of the seat is up and down so one has to be careful where one parks one's butt if one is to have a reasonably pleasurable sitting experience.
And then there are the arms, which have become quite wobbly but feel as if they might fall off if given too much of a bump. The legs are feeling vaguely wobbly as well. 
To add to all of this, the chair is low in height, so one tends to plop down in it with some force. 
It is therefore quite likely that the chair and I will suffer a mutual catastrophe at some point in the future, but not for today......let us hope for quiet and peaceful naps without damage to either myself of the chair as we merge with each other.  

Need to refuel the fire and myself.....logs for the fire, and a buttered  slice of DIY teabread with a mug of coffee for myself, and perhaps a short park up in the chair to keep the fire company, just in case it feels lonely!

Bye for now,

Vx

11 comments:

Mama Pea said...

One can't create a comfortable, cozy niche as you've just described in summer time so I say enjoy it as much as possible right now! (And who knows when your lovely, elderly chair will no longer be able to hold up its end [or yours] any longer?) ;o)

Vera said...

MAMA PEA, i do have a cozy niche to sit outside in during the warmer months, but I tend to get pestered by flies, gnats, etc, which robs me of absolute peacefulness! So, I shall take your advice about enjoying my chair while I am still able to, where I am insect free!
Hope you have a cozy niche as well.

DUTA said...

I like your use of the verbs 'to park' (one's butt)in the chair, and 'to refuel' oneself with food.
Yes, we need to take good care of our body. See to it that is seated well and fed well. Make oneself top priority in life.

Vera said...

DUTA, I am glad you enjoyed the blog, the words seem to be flowing out of me at the moment. Hope you have a cozy corner too!

Rhodesia said...

We had the fire daily before we left for the UK. It has been quite reasonable here so far but it looks like we will be blessed with -6c tomorrow morning!!! Keep warm Diane

Unknown said...

Enjoy that coziness, sounds great and the yummy tea bread

Vera said...

DIANE, .....minus 4 here today, but sun is out, so we might be chilly but at least the sunshine cheers us up!

SHIRLEY, the house is cozy but has tiled floors so can be chilly when the Rayburn is not lit, but we are used to it and wrap up warmly. The tea bread is now no more! 'Tis all gone!

northsider said...

Love the kitchen photo Vera: "Home Sweet Home".

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

There is nothing as splendid as a well used, slightly asynchronous chair that one sits in.

Vera said...

NORTHSIDER DAVE, it is a kitchen which looks homey, and very farmy!

TOIRDHEALBHEACH BEUCAIL, I love the way you structured your comment....you are a good writer.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It's nice to have a favorite chair.