Saturday 9 October 2021

New fields........

We have moved!
And here is our new home.......

...... It is so different to the house we renovated in France, at least this one was ready to move into, which was a joy. I have done with old houses. The French farm house was at least two hundred years old, and the rented cottage here in England was about the same age, and both were difficult to live in because of the tendency for damp and the tendency for my bones not to like dampness. Anyway, this house was built in around the 1970's, with a pseudo Tudor look which was popular at that time. Building regulations had improved, so the house is dry, which has my bones very pleased. 

The house is on a housing estate and close into the town, which I can walk to when my legs let me. Or else I can get a bike. Or even a scooter. Or even catch a bus. Having lived in a rural community it is nice to have people around. Living remotely is OK, but does tend to make me feel 'not of this world'. There are a lot of people around here, and I like this. It makes me feel 'in life'. 

 I feel very blessed that this is the house which has become our home, and now opens up a new chapter in my life. This house, and its environment, will not let me give in to being elderly. I am, after all, seventy four year old and with a major operation behind me. But no! This house will not let me be weak and feeble about my advancing years. It will not let me park up on the sidelines and let life pass me by. For a start, there is an excellent coffee and cake shop,  which is a ten minute walk along a green lane just behind the house.  Do some walking exercise.....stop at the coffee shop..... have a chat..........then return home. Now that seems like a good idea! 


Part of the back garden. Unlike our farm in France which had thirteen acres of land, this garden is small ..... but big enough to have a garden full of flowers. 



And this is the lower part of the garden, which I have not gone into yet because the steps are a bit steep for my legs to manage. Not to worry........ a few more walks to the coffee shop and back, should get me up and down those steps in no time!

So, bye for now. 
In love and light,
Vx


15 comments:

local alien said...

Your news is terrific! You sound so happy with your new house and lifestyle. May you live happily and healthily in your new nest

Denise said...

So pleased for you, Vera. Wishing you and Lester much love, light, peace and happiness in your new home. xx

Mama Pea said...

Oh, how lovely! I am so happy for you, Vera. This seems as though it will be the perfect place in so many ways. You've waited a long time to find your new home and now you can start to enjoy it with all it has to offer. Loved seeing the pictures. Keep them coming!

DUTA said...

Hi, Vera
Good to hear good news.
Congratulations! The new house looks lovely! You sound very pleased and excited about it, and I believe your move to it was a successful one.
Enjoy the new house and enjoy life in general!

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Oh, this is such wonderful new Vera! I am so excited that you have found someplace to root. The garden area looks very promising, and things within walking distance are not at all to be despised - as you say, it does insure you stay active on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! Will look forward to updates.

Janice said...

So happy to see you are in your new home Vera. I hope you will post more pictures. It sounds like you'll be up and down those steps in no time! Take care.

Vera said...

LOCAL ALIEN: My new 'nest' is waiting for me to get everything unpacked, but what joy awaits us as we get the paint pots and brushes out and we start decorating and making it ours. Thanks.

DENISE: Thanks for your best wishes. Hope to see you soon. Vx

MAMA PEA: Thanks for your thoughts, and hope to share more adventures on our new pathway, complete with pictures!

DUTA: I promise you that I shall indeed continue my life's journey with a good spirit and good humour despite living in a World which is having great difficulties! Thanks, and blessings to you.

TOIRDHEALBHEACH BEUCAIL: This house and its environment is going to give me a sparkle which I have been sorely lacking of late, not to mention a coffee and cake shop which is within easy walking distance, and where I have already made friends. The Universe knew where I needed to be to lead a fulfilling life!

JANICE: I shall 'do' those steps, even if they are bit of a challenge at the moment, I promise you! Thanks.

Rachel Phillips said...

I am so glad you have found the perfect house and location Vera.

northsider said...

Lovely photos Vera. I hope you're really happy in your new home.

Vera said...

RACHEL: Thank you Rachel, it was a long journey to get here, but it was very worth it!

NORTHSIDER: Thank you....... and I might even get to have a greenhouse eventually!

Rosalea said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you have found the right place. I will be looking forward to seeing how you make the house and grounds your own.

Travel said...

Delightful, it is so good to hear from you.

Rhodesia said...

Sorry missed this post, I am far behind, the garden thus the kitchen, has been very demanding this year. Thank goodness for the dehydrator!
Love your house and yes I agree the garden is about the right size - enjoy.
Take care Diane

Vera said...

RHODESIA.... I remember the demands of gardening in France, but I also miss the harvests that we achieved! I am relieved that the garden is do-able here..... means that I can do other things!
Thank you. Vx