Saturday 2 March 2019

Thank you

First of all I want to say thank you to all of my blogging world friends who took the time to watch the first vlog and leave such encouraging comments.


So what I have been doing is  making a new blog page for the vlogs, which are now called The Psychic Craftswoman. Snippets can carry on as usual, which is as a written blog because I think that perhaps not everyone will want to watch a video, but would rather keep in touch with us via the written word. The two blogs are linked, so it is easy to move between them, if you want to.

Anyway, it has taken me a lot of courage to keep going with the vlogs, but I now know what I need to do and the format that I need to follow. I have a long way to go though, but it is excellent stimulation for my mind and stops it from getting tired and old. Well that's not true! I do still get tired but it is more a happy tiredness rather than a miserable tiredness! And I find it personally amazing that I am entering the world of vlogging which is mostly a young person's world, while I am sitting very firmly in the over 70's age group. But we shall not think of age, rather think of living in a life well travelled, but not necessarily in terms of air miles, or being grandly wealthy, but in terms of accumulated achievements and a broadness of self worth and wisdom.

Meanwhile,........... I have had a couple of screws screwed into my jaw in preparation for a couple of synthetic teeth to be screwed on to them in three months time. I can't say that it was the most pleasurable experience I have had, especially because my face was completely covered over by a sterilized cover except for where my mouth was, so I couldn't see anything and could only hear the sound of the work going on......like the drilling, the sound and feel of the screws going in, etc. Not to worry, I came through it alright, although my jaw feels not quite in its usual self, which must be as a result of the manipulations of it by the dentist.

The weather is now more in sync with what it normally is for this time of year, although it is still warm. There is a feeling, however, that winter is not quite finished with us yet. Sprinkles of blossom are appearing on some of the trees, which means that spring is urging its way forward, albeit a little on the early side. I want to hold the onset of spring back. For once it begins it will not seem very long before we are again looking towards the festive season again.

The lambs are growing fast, and most are now eating grass, but they still have time to have lamb gang gallops and plays, where they charge around the field in a mad gallop. It is a joy to watch.

The chicks are growing, and Nearly Dead has new legs and feet, or so it seems. After having been born with a crooked leg so she couldn't walk properly, she can now charge around with the rest of the chicks. Somehow she seems to have become magicked up with proper legs.


Here is the link to the latest vlog, where I chat about the ongoing saga of getting my partner's jacket made, husband or partner chat, the chicks and Nearly Dead, me and my nearly deads, the need to float and not sink, and introducing the Green Jumper Knitting Project, amongst other things.


.
The link to The Psychic Craftswoman blog page is on the top right hand side bar.

Hope you enjoyed,
Bye for now,
Vx

11 comments:

Rhodesia said...

Wish I could watch the vlogs but I have no chance with our slow connexion. Maybe one day they will speed things up in our area. Meanwhile, I will follow the written word!! Take care and have a good Sunday Diane

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Vera - That was delightful. You sound exactly as I imagine that you would. Well done!

If you are looking for future topics, I would be interested in hearing (in your own voice) how you and Lester ended up in the south of France.

Vera said...

DIANE, I shall carry on!

TOIRDHEALBHEACH BEUCAIL......thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated. And I shall speak about how our life altered and shifted to get us to France. It was entirely organised by the Universe, and I still sometimes question why this was done, but only occasionally and only when I am feeling under pressure with living in a foreign country.

northsider said...

You're very brave Vera. Look forward to reading your blog and watching the vlog.

Ally said...

Thank you, Vera. This was lovely.Love and light x x x

Vera said...

NORTHSIDER DAVE, thank you.

ALLY, bless you, and thanks.

local alien said...

Such a friendly ramble. Like having a one sided chat over a cup of tea.
Keep vlogging.
Hope the jacket gets started, nearly Dead keeps on living and all those socks dried quickly in the sunshine.
Like the jacket you were wearing.bi presume youade that

Vera said...

LOCAL ALIEN, the jacket is going to be started this week, Nearly Dead is flourishing, the socks have been dried and put away, and the jacket I am wearing is DIY which means it is homemade, although I changed the pattern a little bit. It is an old pattern, but I could have a hunt for it and send it to you, if you would like me to. Vx

Vera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DUTA said...

I totally agree with your paragraph starting with "But we shall not think of age...". I am also in the over 70 age group and don't hesitate to enter a "young person's world" if I think it could do me good. Blogging and Vlogging do good to one's mental and spiritual capacities.
I also believe in what you call 'universe', and I call 'God' - and that is of great help in life.

Vera said...

DUTA, we are fortunate that we have the belief that God is looking after, and helps us through our daily lives.

Duta, I didn't realise that you are also in my age group, ......you appear to be younger because you are interested in life and what is around you, which keeps your mind active. I am the same. We are fortunate. It means that we are getting value out of the days of our life.